Croker Sack

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." — Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

Monday, September 26, 2005

Wild Men or Wild Rumors?

The New Orleans Times-Picayune has looked to see whether reports of animalistic behavior in the Superdome and Convention Center had any basis in fact.

So far, there is essentially nothing that corroborates those reports.

Note that Mayor Nagin and Police Chief Eddie Compass publicly repeated what now appear to have been wild rumors.

Was there some part of the New Orleans government's response to Katrina that wasn't disgraceful?

1 Comments:

Blogger cc said...

The sad thing about these rumors is, I believed every single one of them. I am ashamed of myself. I thought I was more rational than that. I didn't have much faith in the class of people that were taking shelter in that SuperDome and Convention Center.

I am glad many of these reports were exaggerated.

September 27, 2005 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home